Wednesday, February 24, 2010

update per talleen's request

Literally 3 minutes ago i received a request via facebook wall from Talleen asking me to update y'all on my life. Well lucky you, i happen to be spending a considerable chunk of my evening on the computer (thank you taxes... and pandora... and facebook) and so i thought this would be a wonderful way to spend it as well.

Recently I have realized that i incorporate the "..." punctuation a lot in my text. Now that i have made you aware of it, I'm going to try and avoid it, but just bare with me if i use it excessively... don't judge... just kidding... ahhhh here we go... (haha)

So right now i'm in a long stretch of being at home (6 weeks, lol) I've only been back for 2.5 but i've begun to count down to my next TX trip. It's not my fault that all the people and things i left back in TX get me so stinking excited to visit! Unfortunately, I fear the day when i don't have a TX trip to look forward to... and i hope i'll be busy with school at that point.

Speaking of school, I am hoping to get onto declaring my WA residence so that I am honored in-state tuition. I feel like that is the biggest blockade between me and classes. There is also laziness, and enjoyment of free time that keep me from bogging myself down with A&P, Micro, and many of the other pre-nursing and nursing classes that plague me... small price to pay to earn the career i want right?

School's boring, moving on. On the subject of lazy, I have totally fallen apart in reference to my marathon training. I just haven't been putting my best running foot forward (?? corny much) Anyway, I'm hoping i can drag my sorry butt out of bed tomorrow and get back in action... The problem with taking a break during training is that you shouldn't take a break. you should be as consistent as possible. if i try to catch up to where i'm supposed to be then i should run 12 miles on saturday. tomorrow i'm going to run 6, and hopefully friday as well... then just add those together for saturday, i'll suffer through it i'm sure!

as far as men in my life... those are, eh, not super up there on the priority list. i find it counterproductive and a bit discouraging to dote on that 'want' all the time. as you have probably noticed (and i'm sure feel the same way) most people in our lives are getting hitched... luckily here in Seattle people don't jump on that wagon as fast as the people in TX, so i still feel like i've got some time. HOwever, i did meet a guy on the plane when i flew to Houston at the end of January. Just so happens he's a runner, he's 23, and lives literally down the street from me. we've tried a couple different times to meet up but haven't successfully done so yet. He's nice (i think, i guess i don't really know), but i'm just not into dating right now...

umm, that should about wrap it up. Work is great, going to try and persuade them to let me work 10 weeks of camp instead of 7... 7 seems too short already and it hasn't even started yet. oh and christen is pregnant... YAY

Much Love...

2 comments:

  1. love the update! :) can't wait to see you soon! Margaritas are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only if it's world class... muahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete